AWS Lightsail Bitnami LAMP instance getting CPU spike and out of memory

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - AWS - Technical issue - Other
Description:
I am running LAMP and using a PHP-based site along with a install of Invoice Ninja, which is also PHP based. About twice a week, the server stops responding and I cannot ssh into it. All I can do then is reboot the server via AWS console.

I haven’t found anything in Apache’s error logs that points to a problem. It shows “Out of memory” messages, but I can’t tell what file of process caused the issue.

If I spot-check the instance during normal operation, the memory looks fine.

What else can I do to determine what is causing the CPU/memory spike?

I ran the support tool, but the automatic upload failed. I have the zip file.

Hi @deanwissing,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Regards

I ran the tool, but the auto-upload failed. I have the zip file. How can I send it to you?

Sorry @deanwissing , but the output of the support tool is almost empty. Could you share with us the following commands?

sudo su
cd /opt/bitnami
free -m
df -h
du -h . -d 1 | sort -h
ps -e -o pcpu,nice,state,cputime,args --sort -pcpu | awk '{print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5}'

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.