Apache Tomcat Native library problem

I’m using AWS with AMI from bitnami: bitnami-tomcatstack-8.0.15-0-dev-linux-ubuntu-14.04.1-x86_64-hvm-ebs (ami-486d5c55)

It’s packed with ubuntu 14.04.1 and tomcat 8.0.15. And 2 days it was working fine. But one day it just stop working after restart. And now I have 503 Service Unavailable and in catalina log:

SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.init An incompatible version 1.1.30 of the APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is installed, while Tomcat requires version 1.1.32

How I can upgrade this library in Ubuntu ?

hi @levrun1

Bitnami-tomcatstack include all the dependencies required by tomcat to work. It’s weird that tomcat suddenly stop works.
Did you try configure something or install some app on top of tomcat?

Hi, Tomas.
I’ve just update server xml with following thing:

bitnami@ip-172-31-8-245:/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/conf

And after that restart tomcat by ctl… script.
And after that tomcat just stuck on before mentioned error and update server xml back is not helping.
Actually when I remove this context I’ve added and restart it started to work. After that I’ve uploaded my war and change context. And only after that tomcat started working. Why ?

Sorry. Found out that when my app Mutibo is undeployed and this string in server.xml

<!--Context docBase="mutibo" path="" /-->

following error message in tomcat logs and tomcat is unable to get any requests.

SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.init An incompatible version 1.1.30 of the APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is installed, while Tomcat requires version 1.1.32

hi @levrun1

Just for your information. We are studying your case.
Please could you be more specific about what is avoiding that tomcat start?

Thanks

Sorry, didn’t get you. What is “avoiding tomcat start” ?
PS: my tomcat just doesn’t work when I have in server.xml
and my app is not deployed.

hi @levrun1

Sorry if I not expressed properly.
I just want to know what is the main reason to tomcat doesn’t work.
I understand the problem arise when you added this lines to server.xml:

Could you share a bit more of server.xml? About 10 lines up and down?
Tomas

my server.xml with root context for my app

Hi @levrun1

So, are ssl working in your tomcat now? (removing the wrong line on your undeployed app in server.xml)

Regards

Hi, alvaro. Sorry for long response.
Yes, it’s working.

Hi @levrun1,

Thanks for letting us know, it’s nice to know it worked.

Best regards

Hi,
I’m running tomcat 7.0.59, and started seeing this problem today…
I have two web apps, one of them is working fine, another failed to start.
Anyone has any solution for that?

Hello @sergey_bolkhovskiy

Could you provide us more details about your issue? Can you share with us the error you obtain in the logs? Did you change anything in the server.xml configuration file?

Best Regards,

Juan Ariza