Apache Server Error -

Keywords: Magento - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Plugins installation/configuration

bnsupport ID: edb0d197-db30-e6d2-11f9-71455b2c4e89

bndiagnostic output:

? Apache: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/
https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/moodle/troubleshooting/deny-connections-bots-apache/

bndiagnostic failure reason: The suggested guides are not related with my issue

Description:
I just created magento vm instance in GCP and followed documentation.

1. Install the Magento Magepal SMTP extension following Approach A.
  2. Install two extensions using composer following approach A. The plugins are Magepal SMTP Extension and stripe/stripe-payments.

After that webpage and admin panel was not opening for few minutes.
After re-login into admin panel no options were showing under
STORES > CONFIGURATION > MAGEPAL

Then I ran bitnami diagnostic tool and found error in Apache.
Also diagnostic tool give reference for wordpress setup.

Please guide me on How to resolve this issue?

Hello @vibhu,

I was able to reproduce the issue and with MagePal where even after installation, the module was not enabled. To check whether the extension modules are enabled run the following:

cd /opt/bitnami/magento
sudo bin/magento-cli module:status

At the end of the list should appear the disabled modules. To enable a module you will need to run:

sudo bin/magento module:enable --force MagePal_Core

After that, execute the setup:upgrade command as recommended and restart the services:

sudo magento-cli setup:upgrade
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart

When checking the MagePal entry under Stores > Configuration you should no see its logo and configured extensions. To access its configuration, follow the link to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System > SMTP Configuration and Settings shown at Stores > Configuration > MagePal

Regarding Apache’s logs, they seem normal and it is expected behavior so they can be omitted and should be totally unrelated to this issue.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hello fdepaz

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked module status. All are enabled except Magento 2-Step verification.

When I execute setup:upgrade command, I am getting below error:
Impossible to process constructor argument Parameter #2 [ <required> Magento\Framework\Mview\ViewFactory $viewFactory ] of Magento\Framework\Mview\TriggerCleaner class

Website is also not opening and showing below error.
An error has happened during application run. See exception log for details.

I haven’t done anything new. I was waiting for your reply.

Please guide me how to solve this problem.

Thank You,
Vibhu Bajaj

If it is messed up beyond repair.

Then how do I start over. Delete the VM instance and start over or is there any commands to reset back to fresh install?

Regards
Vibhu

Hello @vibhu,

If you want to try recovering your instance before starting from scratch, could you try flushing Magento’s cache and restarting the services:

cd /opt/bitnami/magento
sudo magento-cli cache:flush --all
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart

If the issue persists and you want to start over, you will need to launch a new VM instance, unfortunately, there is no reset to factory defaults. One thing I recommend you to use in the future is the snapshot feature from Google Cloud to have a backup of your instance before performing changes.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.