Apache Not recovering after restart

Keywords: Django - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Services (Apache, MariaDB, MySQL…)

Description:
Hi,

Whenever we do a apache restart, the server doesn’t recover and shows this error.

Other action already in progress – please try again later

We have to a secondary server restart after some duration in order to get the server up and running again.
Please let us know why this is happening and how it can be resolved. This issue was not present in the older versions of djangostack that we have used

1 Like

Hi @jain_mayank,

What command are your running to restart Apache? This one should work properly

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache

Apart from that, you should get more info about the Apache service using these commands

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status
sudo gonit status

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Hi @jota,

I am using
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache only to restart the server.

Whenever I check the status, it shows that apache is not running and returns Other action already in progress – please try again later on trying to restart again.

The apache server doesn’t recover on its own and I have to use the restart command again

Hi @jain_mayank,

What about the sudo gonit restart command? Does it restart the services properly? You can also restart the server for the services to be restarted this time, it seems one of the services got stuck.

Hi @jota

Even with sudo gonit restart I am getting Failed to restart apache: [apache] Other action already in progress -- please try again later.

Please suggest the next course of action here.

Did you restart the instance as I suggested?

Hi @jota,

I did restart the instance but again it showed the same issue even with gonit. It seems that the apache service isn’t been shut down properly.

Hi @jain_mayank,

What’s the output of these commands?

sudo gonit
sudo gonit status

Note: You will probably need to wait some minutes before running the second one.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.