Apache Guacamole (x)RDP to Linuxmachine wont work on Azure VM

Hi There,

it seems that the new version of your Apache Guacamole Azure Image have an bug. If i try to connect to a VM (Ubuntu 16.04 with xrdp Installation) with RDP i get the following output in the logfiles:

guacd[1444]: INFO:      Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[1444]: INFO:      Connection ID is "$cef42f1c-5973-46b5-a695-44b12a5e9cb0"
guacd[4095]: WARNING:   Support for protocol "rdp" is not installed
guacd[1444]: INFO:      Connection "$cef42f1c-5973-46b5-a695-44b12a5e9cb0" removed.
guacd[1444]: INFO:      Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[1444]: INFO:      Connection ID is "$d7d81df3-7264-4edc-8899-0cb52a30be6d"
guacd[4114]: WARNING:   Support for protocol "rdp" is not installed

Last Week (Before you published the new Guac Image to Azure) it worked like a charm! So i think there is something broken… Let me know if you need more informations. Thanks

PS. I choosed the General Topic because there is no Apache Guacamole label to choose !

Hi, @immae.

Thank you very much for reporting this. I have reproduced your issue, and we are currently investigating the root cause. We will update this thread when we have any news to share.

Regards,
Alejandro

PS: I’ve created an Apache Guacamole category and moved your thread there. Thanks for noticing.

Hi @amoreno thanks for your help. Could you estimate how long it would take to fix the issue? :smile: (Only some days vs multiple weeks?)

Hi @immae,

We have implemented a fix for the issue and we have sent the new images to the different cloud providers. It may take some days to have the new version of the image available in the cloud marketplaces.

Please, as soon as you can test it on your side, let us know if the fix works for you.

Best regards,
Andrés Bono.

1 Like

Hi @immae,

Apache Guacamole 1.1.0-6-r02 should be available for you in the Azure Marketplace.

Best regards,
Andrés Bono.

1 Like

HI @abjimenez Yes thanks a lot! I tested it. The RDP Connection could now be established. Greets :slight_smile:

Hi @immae,

Great, thanks for confirming it!

We are going to close this thread. Feel free to open a new one if you have suggestions for improvements or you find any other issues.

Best regards,
Andrés Bono.