Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you meant the navigation icon, not the favicon.
The reason why it cannot be seen from the outside of your network, is because it points to a private IP.
In order to change that, we followed these steps:
- We have a favicon with the wrong ip in our CanvasLMS installation.
- We execute "bnconfig --machine_hostname mylearningsite.com" (you already did this)
- We uploaded the favicon again (even if it was already uploaded, this way the URL gets updated).
- After preview, we save the theme, apply it.
- Finally, we check the favicon domain and it is correct (it is not a private IP, but our public domain), and we can see the favicon from another network.
We did this a couple of times to confirm it works. But please keep in mind that you must execute the "/opt/bitnami/apps/canvaslms/bnconfig --machine_hostname ..." command properly, or it won't work.
I hope it helps!