All but apache not running

Keywords: Odoo - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 1b946145-540d-9197-5cac-94653a2a1114
Description:
Odoo stops responding and when I check status, it shows only apache not running, and upon starting through bitnami command, I have pasted the message I got at the end of my comments. As a result, Odoo came live again. I had left an open RDP port to public for a couple of weeks and installed XRDP. May be it got compromised? I have installed ClamAV and quick scan shows ok. I have run the Bitnami support tool and following code was provided
1b946145-540d-9197-5cac-94653a2a1114

Please help!

Something when wrong while starting the services, Please run bnsupport and o
pen a ticket at: https://community.bitnami.com Error ocurred:exit status 3

waiting for server to start… done
server started
/opt/bitnami/postgresql/scripts/ctl.sh : postgresql started at port 5432
/opt/bitnami/apps/odoo/scripts/odoo_gevent.sh : odoo_gevent already running
/opt/bitnami/apps/odoo/scripts/odoo_background_worker.sh : odoo_background_w
orker already running
/opt/bitnami/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd could not be started

bitnami@LiveOdoo:~$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev
tmpfs 395M 5.7M 390M 2% /run
/dev/sda1 30G 7.9G 20G 29% /
tmpfs 2.0G 84K 2.0G 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda15 124M 278K 124M 1% /boot/efi
tmpfs 395M 0 395M 0% /run/user/1000

For

Hi @220dawson,

Can you tell me the output of this command:

sudo /opt/bitnami/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh start

Regards,
Michiel

Hello Michiel, I get this outlput

bitnami@LiveOdoo:~$ sudo /opt/bitnami/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh start
Syntax OK
(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:8 0
(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0. 0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
AH00015: Unable to open logs
/opt/bitnami/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd could not be started

Hi @220dawson,

It seems you have the system Apache running which occupies the ports 80 and 443. You can disable it as follows:

sudo systemctl disable apache2 && sudo systemctl stop apache2

And then restart Apache:

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start apache

Regards,
Michiel

Hi Michiel, sorry for responding late. Please confirm, for Odoo 13 Community, must Apache not be running? I was suspecting a server hack when I noticed a few strange behaviors, one of which read Apache not running which may have always been so but I do not remember. I will stop and restart Apache over the weekend when the server is not in use.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @220dawson,

Yes, but Bitnami uses its own Apache component which is independent of the system Apache. (which can be installed using package managers like apt-get or yum). If the system Apache is running they will occupy the same port preventing the Bitnami Apache component from starting.

Regards,
Michiel

Thank you Michiel for your assitance.

Bitnami Odoo 13 community image is pretty well configured and automatically assigns ports 80 and 443 to Odoo instance which I have had issues forwarding myself in the past.

Hence, I think I will leave the Apache as is since Odoo 13 community is also working.

However, yet again yesterday, the server went down and when I came to look back this morning, it’s already up and running so I was hoping there was a way to identify if my Bitnami Odoo 13 community install has been compromised or not.

Finally, where can I locate the same prebuilt Bitnami image with Odoo 13 community. All I can see in Azure list is the latest Odoo 14 now.

Thanks again.

Hi @220dawson,

You could check the apache access log for any suspicious IP’s, if there are many of the same IP addresses trying to connect at the same time it could indicate a bot attack, you can find more information regarding denying access for suspicious IP’s here:

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/deny-connections-bots-apache/

Regards,
Michiel