AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /opt/bitnami/phpmyadmin

Keywords: General - AWS - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
Description:
I created a tunnel with putty to connect to phpmyadmin with 127.0.0.1:8888/phpmyadmin, this works great. I’m able to access the page.

When trying to log in with root and my password found with cat bitnami_application_password I get the error “mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused.”

When looking at my log under /opt/bitnami/apache2/logs it says “AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /opt/bitnami/phpmyadmin” and it looks like it is denied because it is using my external IP and not the tunnel.

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong. I tried to follow the instructions that was given from AWS lightsail documentation.

Hi @Happydemon,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

I’m sorry I cannot do that.

Hi @Happydemon,

Did you get any error when running the tool? We would need this information to try to debug your errors.

No error I am not allowed to install the support tool.

Hi @Happydemon,

Can you give us more information on why you cannot install the tool? We need more information to help you with your issue. Can you also run the next commands?

free -m 
df -h
uptime
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status

My superior wont allow tool installation due to information release to third party. I been doing all my sql command via command line, I just wanted to use phpmyadmin to make my life easier.

Hi @Happydemon,

Thanks for your message. You can get more information about the information gathered by the tool

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/understand-bnsupport/

Additionally, please note only the Bitnami team has access to the bnsupport output (unless you share a public link here). For example, we need the Apache error log to try to debug your issue, and I think it is worst to share the file content in this public thread than using the tool.

Can you at least run the commands I shared with you in my previous message?