I have a Moodle site that was configured for IIS and Apache, but when I recently ran a search/replace for old server/new server name changes, instantly, the Apache hosted site went down, while the IIS site stayed online and has never blinked.
http://montana/moodle is working
http://montana:8080/moodle does not work now
See below for a more details and apache error log.
IMPORTANT, please fill the questions
We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.
Which version of the application are you using?:220.127.116.11
Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, ...) or VM (VMDK, VBOX): Bitnami Moodle Stack installer for Windows
Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: Yes, I am running Moodle on a Win 2012 r2 VM, and have both IIS 8.5 and Apache setup to serve. I modded the config.php in wwwroot and htdocs to allow both avenues, in addition to ports and such. This has been working steadfastly for weeks, until yesterday, when my bonehead troubleshooting lead me to use the find/replace script.
Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results): The issue I was originally troubleshooting was related to an image file reference that a client found, which we thought was leftover from the previous migration. With this in mind, I did take backup first, then proceeded to Find/Replace, using this syntax.
Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):
Replace with: http://montana
Server names were changed to protect the innocent
After the query ran, I checked and realized that the site using apache was down, while IIS remained up and active. I checked the Moodle Windows manager gui, and both mySQL and Apache were green. I cycled them both, but it had no effect. I then changed the apache port in my config, refreshed, but still no change.
With some guidance, I am hoping to figure out how to find and update the value/table that caused this issue. Is there a log that accompanies the experimental Find/Replace? That would be helpful...
Lastly, I also did a few searches using phpmyadmin, but didn't see anything that explained why one site was good and one was impacted by the search/replace change. Scratching my head here....
[Fri Aug 04 14:11:19.070483 2017] [ssl:warn] [pid 8664:tid 476] AH01909: 8080:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Fri Aug 04 14:11:19.289233 2017] [ssl:warn] [pid 8664:tid 476] AH01909: 8080:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Fri Aug 04 14:11:19.336109 2017] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8664:tid 476] AH00455: Apache/2.4.23 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2h PHP/5.6.30 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Aug 04 14:11:19.336109 2017] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8664:tid 476] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC11 Server built: Jul 7 2016 11:13:22
[Fri Aug 04 14:11:19.336109 2017] [core:notice] [pid 8664:tid 476] AH00094: Command line: 'D:\Bitnami\moodle-3.3.0-0\apache2\bin\httpd.exe -d D:/Bitnami/moodle-3.3.0-0/apache2 -f D:\Bitnami\moodle-3.3.0-0\apache2\conf\httpd.conf'
[Fri Aug 04 14:11:19.336109 2017] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8664:tid 476] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 7224