After upgrading Bitnami Redmine from 2.1.4-0 to 2.2.0-0 many screens dont show up

After following the defined process for upgrading from 2.1.4-0 to 2.2.0-0, and importing the old mysql database back. I am to log into redmine and it does show the projects. But I am not able to bring up any project issues or other screens.

I tried creating a new project, added one issue to it and clicked issues and got the same error:

Here is the error I see in redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs/log/production.log:

Started GET "/redmine/projects/test_2_2_0/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=2" for 10.10.5.126 at 2012-12-21 16:05:31 -0800
Processing by IssuesController#index as HTML
  Parameters: {"set_filter"=>"1", "tracker_id"=>"2", "project_id"=>"test_2_2_0"}
  Current user: admin (id=1)
  Rendered queries/_filters.html.erb (22.9ms)
  Rendered queries/_columns.html.erb (6.0ms)
  Rendered issues/_list.html.erb (19.8ms)
  Rendered issues/index.html.erb within layouts/base (58.8ms)
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 145ms

ActionView::Template::Error (undefined local variable or method position_name' for #&lt;IssuePriority:0x007fc5c8b24ec8&gt;): 29: &lt;/td&gt; 30: &lt;/tr&gt; 31: &lt;% previous_group = group %&gt; 32: &lt;% end %&gt; 33: &lt;tr id="issue-&lt;%= <a href="http://issue.id">issue.id</a> %&gt;" class="hascontextmenu &lt;%= cycle('odd', 'even') %&gt; &lt;%= issue.css_classes %&gt; &lt;%= level &gt; 0 ? "idnt idnt-#{level}" : nil %&gt;"&gt; 34: &lt;td class="checkbox hide-when-print"&gt;&lt;%= check_box_tag("ids[]", <a href="http://issue.id">issue.id</a>, false, :id =&gt; nil) %&gt;&lt;/td&gt; 35: &lt;td class="id"&gt;&lt;%= link_to <a href="http://issue.id">issue.id</a>, issue_path(issue) %&gt;&lt;/td&gt; app/models/issue_priority.rb:39:in css_classes’
app/models/issue.rb:939:in css_classes' app/views/issues/_list.html.erb:32:in block (2 levels) in _app_views_issues__list_html_erb__4010130246639817801_50406180’
app/helpers/issues_helper.rb:29:in block in issue_list' app/helpers/issues_helper.rb:25:in each’
app/helpers/issues_helper.rb:25:in issue_list' app/views/issues/_list.html.erb:19:in block in _app_views_issues__list_html_erb__4010130246639817801_50406180’
app/views/issues/_list.html.erb:1:in _app_views_issues__list_html_erb__4010130246639817801_50406180' app/views/issues/index.html.erb:62:in _app_views_issues_index_html_erb__2680296029549778345_46989060’
app/controllers/issues_controller.rb:83:in block (2 levels) in index' app/controllers/issues_controller.rb:82:in index’

This blocks all progress - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you run the migration task right?

$ cd your_installdir/apps/redmine/htdocs
$ rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"

I tried the 'rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production" but get the following failure:

bash>~/redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs$ rake --trace db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"                        rake aborted!
no such file to load -- bundler/setup
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
/home/joseph/redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs/config/boot.rb:6
/home/joseph/redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs/config/application.rb:1:in `require'
/home/joseph/redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs/config/application.rb:1
/home/joseph/redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs/Rakefile:5:in `require'
/home/joseph/redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs/Rakefile:5
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/rake_module.rb:25:in `load'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/rake_module.rb:25:in `load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/application.rb:501:in `raw_load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/application.rb:82:in `load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/application.rb:133:in `standard_exception_handling'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/application.rb:81:in `load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/application.rb:65:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/application.rb:133:in `standard_exception_handling'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rake/application.rb:63:in `run'
/usr/bin/rake:27
bash>~/redmine-2.2.0-0/apps/redmine/htdocs$

Any suggestions ?

Thanks Joe

Did you load the environment first? It has to be loaded every time you need to use the binaries shipped with the BitNami stack:

cd <installdir>
./use_redmine

Then, please, try again:

cd apps/redmine/htdocs/
rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"

Regards.

Thank you - that worked.

I am sure I executed the commands you had suggested about 3 weeks ago .. but obviously I did something wrong.

I ran it again and it worked and I am able to see my project details again - that is a huge relief.

Thanks, Joe

I am very glad to hear that. Regards.

looks like its not able to find bundler/setup in its search path, I was able to solve this by exporting the environment variable GEM_HOME to point to gems installed root path.

~SwK.

Hi,

Just to clarify it, all BitNami stacks needs to load the enviroment as is described below to run any command in order to use its components:

http://wiki.bitnami.com/Components/BitNami_console

Regards.