About Restarting Tomcat

Hi,
First, I want to how long does it often take tomcat to be restarted?
After I run sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart, and check the status again with sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status, it said that tomcat is already running. But when I access the server, it returned 503 Service Unavailable.

Second, when I change the war file in webapps, how long it will be reflected? After a couple of hours, I cannot see my changes on the web app, so I try to restart Tomcat at the first place. Am I missing any settings for auto re-deployment?

saigonamericanenglish@bitnami-tomcatstack-dm-8a2f:~$ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart
Syntax OK
/opt/bitnami/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd stopped
/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh : tomcat not running
/opt/bitnami/mysql/scripts/ctl.sh : mysql stopped
181011 05:21:44 mysqld_safe Logging to '/opt/bitnami/mysql/data/mysqld.log'.
181011 05:21:44 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld.bin daemon with databases from /opt/bitnami/mysql/data
/opt/bitnami/mysql/scripts/ctl.sh : mysql  started at port 3306
/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh : Could not configure Google Stackdrive Debugger. Run sudo /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/scripts/format_env_gce.sh --verbose for more information
/home/saigonamericanenglish
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /opt/bitnami/java
Using CLASSPATH:       /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID:    /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/temp/catalina.pid
Tomcat started.
/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh : tomcat started
Syntax OK
/opt/bitnami/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd started at port 80
saigonamericanenglish@bitnami-tomcatstack-dm-8a2f:~$ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status
apache already running
tomcat already running
mysql already running

Hi @saigonamericanenglis,

Thanks for using Bitnami. We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to debug the issue. Could you please download and execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below? You must click on the platform or cloud that you are using to find the correct instructions.

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code outputted by the tool in your reply.

Regards,

Andres R.

1 Like

I was able to fix it myself, it was wrong config in server.xml.
But thank you anyway. :+1:

Hi,

We are glad that you were able to fix the issue. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing to this one if necessary.

Best regards,
Carlos R. Hernández

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.