504 error in wordpress installation, unable to upload bitnami support tool

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Evertime I either:

1. Update plugins, or
  2. Send out a marketing email that links to my site

I get a 504 error on the site.

The only solution so far is to stop the instance from running and then restart it. Clearly this is unacceptable in terms of potential lost business and in terms of maintaining the website.

The installations (2 of) are on AWS EC2 with load balancers.

I have bitnami support tool downloaded, but don’t know how to get that to a support person. Instructions on this thus far are not clear to me.

Thanks,

K

Hello @kevin8,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end in a new Technical Issue case.

If that does not work, please let us know.

Regards

Thanks Davidg,

I have run the bndiagnostic tool and I get the error message could not upload to the bitnami servers, which means there is no code to paste. (An ongoing issue.)

Following other adice (and your prior advice) I stopped apache and ran the bndiagnotsic tool. It does not generate a code, but does generate a report of issues found.

I am confused, so I will work through what I understand of the issues. Unfortunately much of it is beyond me.

Your thoughts?
Thanks, K

Ah, the code appears after the report. Got it.

Thanks: Technical Issue case created >> 504 error in wordpress installation

K

Hi @kevin8

I see that you have created a new thread with the requested bnsupport ID, great! Let’s close this and move the discussion there :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart: