403 Forbidden after server IP changed

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - Linux - Technical issue - Permissions
Description:
I’ve set up a Lightsail (bitnami LAMP stack) server which was working great at first, but I didn’t see the note that warns Stopping the server will change the IP address. I was only rebooting the server at first, but after one of the reboots I was just getting a blank Putty screen when trying to connect, so I tried the Stop / Start option which changed the IP.

After updating my domain ‘A records’, when I try to access the domain or new IP address I now get a 403 Forbidden “You don’t have permission to access this resource.” message.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction to fix this. The original domain and IP worked correctly. Thank you for reading.

Hi @publicjustsomedude,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Thanks for reading and replying. I actually solved my own issue… however the problem happened because I didn’t understand vhost.conf files and the sample has ServerAlias * which I didn’t realize was causing all incoming domains to access that rule. I thought the file had to be named correctly with the app name. Anyway… thanks again for your time.

Hi @publicjustsomedude,

Thanks for the info. I’m glad you fixed your issue! We will close this thread as solved. Please do not hesitate to open a new one with any other questions you may have.